1st Virtual International Seminar on Rainwater
Harvesting: Engineering and Technology
(1st VISRAWET 2020)

17th - 18th DECEMBER 2020

Call for Participation

Rainwater is relatively clean and pure water that needs minor treatment and can be used for many applications such as; irrigation, domestic and industrial uses. In Malaysia alone, the estimated annual rain precipitation is 990 billion m³, out of this amount only 4% is being utilized, the other 96% flow to the underground, rivers and seas. Read More

Participant Fee

Presenter/participants must submit their registration form and make payment by 15th December 2020.
Fees:

download Publication template here

Full Paper Can Be Submitted to:
technicalvisrawet@uctati.edu.my



Programme Tentative

Date: 17th - 18th December 2020

Venue: Virtual Online via Zoom



Information

For further information please feel free to contact us at

Phone:
+609 8601458
Email:
visrawet2020@uctati.edu.my

Call for Participation

Rainwater is relatively clean and pure water that needs minor treatment and can be used for many applications such as; irrigation, domestic and industrial uses. In Malaysia alone, the estimated annual rain precipitation is 990 billion m³, out of this amount only 4% is being utilized, the other 96% flow to the underground, rivers and seas. In 2012, Malaysian Uniform Building By-Laws 1984 requires all newly-built detached buildings as well as bungalows and semi-detached bungalows with a roof area of 100sqm and above to be equipped with rainwater harvesting systems to capture rainwater for reuse. Based on the mentioned facts, a seminar on rainwater will be hosted by Malaysia Ministry of Environment and Water (MEWA), University College TATI (UC TATI), Yayasan Amal Malaysia (YAM), international agencies and universities. The first Virtual International Seminar on Rainwater Harvesting, Engineering and Technology 2020 (1st VISRAWET 2020) will be held on 17ᵗʰ - 18ᵗʰ December 2020.

This seminar aims to look for methods to assist governments and public communities to utilize these sustainable resources in a very efficient way through harvesting and use the restored rain in different purposes.

Focus of this seminar will be paid to:
1.Virtual Exhibitions on Rainwater equipment and instruments.
2.Focusing on applications, especially in the rural areas.

Other related topics; Rainfall Distribution in the Different States of Malaysia, Rainwater Harvesting on Domestic and Large Scales, Rainwater treatments, Rainwater industry on Rainwater tank, Piping and Chemical treatments, Cost Estimation and other related topics.

Keynote Speaker

Keynote1

SUHENDAR I. SACHOEMAR

Keynote 1

Dr. Suhendar I. Sachoemar is Professor of Fisheries Resources Management, Coastal Environment and Marine Science at the Agency for the Assessment and Application of Technology (BPPT) in Jakarta, Indonesia. Read More..

Keynote2

MARWAN DHAMRIN 

Keynote 2

Specially appointed Professor in Osaka University, Japan, Senior Specialist, Board member of Toyo Aluminium K.K.

Keynote3

AHMED H. A. DABWAN

Keynote 3

Senior lecturer at Faculty of Engineering Technology, University College TATI, Malaysia.  
Dr. Ahmed obtained his Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering from King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, his Master (2001), and Ph. D. (2004) from Graduate School of Engineering, Mie University, Japan. Read More..

Keynote4

FADILA JASMIN BINTI FAKARUDDIN

Keynote 4

Meteorologist, Asisstant Director at Malaysian Meteorological Department.

Keynote5

WANNACHAPORN MANGSAMONG 

Keynote 5

Dept. of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Princess of Naradhiwas University, Thailand.
Master of Water Resources Engineering, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand.

Co-Organisers

Address
    University College TATI (UC TATI)
    Kampus UC TATI
    Teluk Kalong, Kemaman
    24000, Terengganu

Contact
  • Email: visrawet2020@uctati.edu.my
    Phone: +609 8601458